Sponsor

banner image

recent posts

We tried 3 brands of packaged powdered doughnuts and one comes close to freshly-baked status

best packaged donuts hostess entenmanns little debbieLeah Rocketto/INSIDER

  • We tried three popular brands of packaged doughnuts to determine which one tasted best.
  • We compared  Hostess, Entenmann's, and Little Debbie — all of which are found in common grocery stores.
  • It was a tough decision, but ultimately Little Debbie won for having the most flavor and tasting most like a powdered Dunkin' Donuts munchkin. 
  • The Hostess variety had a hidden spice that made it tasty, while Entenmann's tasted very fresh. 


I love doughnuts  (or donuts, as they are more commonly spelled these days). I love them so much, my friends threw me a doughnut-themed bachelorette party, complete with punny shirts and extravagant confections. And I don't limit my doughnut consumption to the best doughnut spots in every state, though I am slowly making my way through the list. I'm just as happy with a fresh-out-of-the-oven Fruity Pebble doughnut (you can find this at PVDonuts in Providence, Rhode Island, and it's divine) as I am with a pre-packaged doughnut that I can grab at the grocery store. 

So needless to say, I felt up to the task of finding the best brand of packaged powdered doughnuts on the market. As part of an ongoing INSIDER taste test series, my husband and I put three popular brands of store-bought doughnuts to the test to see which can fill your doughnut needs in a pinch. In the past, we've sampled everything from pumpkin lattes to breakfast sandwiches to hot chocolate.

See the rest of the story at Business Insider

NOW WATCH: What activated charcoal actually does to your body

See Also:



We tried 3 brands of packaged powdered doughnuts and one comes close to freshly-baked status We tried 3 brands of packaged powdered doughnuts and one comes close to freshly-baked status Reviewed by Shoaib Khan on October 23, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.